Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Workaholic

The title seriously fits me perfectly. I am not exactly sure why, but my days for the last week or so have consisted of my going to my daytime job for 8 hours and then to the gym for an hour and a half, going home to get ready and then going to KinderCare at night to work. Why do I subject myself to this? I have a whole psychological theory behind it, but I'd rather not share/bore you with it. So I'll just share with you the basics. I love the people I work with at KC(KinderCare), so often I go so that I can hang out/work with them, I need money for the move and I love to feel needed. I am not sure why but I seem to function better when I am able to be as busy as possible. In college I worked full time and went to school full time, then in my last semester, I did an internship that consisted of an additional 8 hours a week on top of full time classes and a 40 hours work week. Seriously what is wrong with me? I am wondering if it will ever catch up to me. The sad thing is that I still have time for a 'somewhat' social life. I have been thinking that once I move back to LA, I will actually be able to slow down since I will only be going to work full time until I start my graduate program. Knowing myself, I will probably take additional classes at good ol MTSAC, just so that I can get into the whole school mentality again.
I know that you are all concerned about my social life, but no worries, I do have one, I just chose my activities accordingly. I'll blog about my social events from the past week soon. Plus this weekend Nanda and I are going dancing on Friday, which is long overdue and then on Saturday, I am going to the SLC parade of homes....which I am pretty stoked about! I love looking at homes.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

i hear ya, girl. It is nice to keep busy and feel accomplished and needed. I didn't know you were going with Mt. SAC! My mom grew up right up the top of that mountain and we used to go there, driving by Mt. SAC every year! How fun, good luck!