Thursday, July 3, 2008

4-Day Workweek!!!

Its official….DWS is going to a 4-day work week! The governor passed an initiative indicating that all government agencies would be closed on Fridays as part of the Governor's 4 E's program: Energy, Environment, Employee Benefit and Extended Hours. So every weekend will now be a 3-day weekend. Although I am not too sure how much I am going to enjoy being at the office as late as 7 pm Monday – Thursday. There was much speculation on whether or not my office will be able to due so due to the fact that much of our work is guided by federal guidelines and policies. I will not go into detail, but being away from the office for 3 days in a row each week would make it hard for us to follow some federal policies.



The sad thing is that I hate to sit around and do nothing. So knowing myself, I will be able to take a couple Fridays off when it first begins(8/4) and then I will want to fill my day with something which will end up being working at KinderCare...not fun!

1 comment:

Megan Isham said...

You are still at Kindercare. WOW they really sucked you in. HOw is life. Looks like you are having fun at all your concerts.