Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Activities



I have been slacking incredibly with regards to my blog and my Dad reminded me of it last night. I have also been slacking with regards to putting pictures up as well. But I have a really good excuse. Not having the internet at home poises quite the problem. To be able to put pictures on the internet, I have to first load the pictures on my laptop and then either go somewhere that I have access to the internet through my laptop for free or I have to load the pictures onto a CD and then take it to work and load them onto my blog that way. But the sad thing is that I barely have time to load the pictures from my camera onto my computer. Luckily the state has not blocked access to blogspots on our computers at work, so at least I am able to upload a blog minus the pictures. Hopefully I am able to get some pictures tonight and get them on the blog. Don’t count on it though. But it’s safe to assume that if pictures are on the blog, I actually had time to do so.

Lindsey, Nanda and I at Noodles and Company





Nanda and I dancing at Habits



Two weekends ago( 8/1 – 8/3) was fabulous! I was able to spend some long overdue time with Lindsey and Nanda (I see Nanda all the time, but I rarely see Lindsey anymore). We got to chill at good ol Noodles and Company. Nanda and I planned on going to Studio 600(smoke-free/alcohol free dance club), but that turned out to be a bust. We were there at about 10pm and it was DEAD. So we went to a place called Habits, which is also a smoke free club in SLC.

Saturday, I was able to go to the Parade of Homes. I LOVED it. But then again I love homes, so give me the opportunity to look at new homes that are fully decorated I am all over that. My cousin, Sara and I love going into model homes and this is an extension of that love! There are some huge homes out there where people have way TOO much money.

This past weekend was pretty rockin, actuallynot really the highlight of it was getting burned/tan while having a garage sale and only making $40.00 :(. I have way too much crap1 To think that I moved to Utah with what I fit in my car and now I could not even take all the items that I wanted to sell to the garage sale in one car load is sad. Granted, my car now is smaller and half of my trunk is devoted to my stereo system. Sunday was chill. Although I did get to go to my friends church BBQ, played horseshoe and tried to be a cowgirl and roped my friend who was on a metal Bull. Fun times had by all!

Things I learned this weekend.

1.) Coconut-Pineapple Dum Dum is not as good as a Coconut Dum Dum.

2.) One friend in particular knows how to piss me off to the point that I am not even able to talk to her, which is sad because I rarely get pissed off at people. I often pretend that I am, but in this situation, I really am pissed off.

3.) Some other friends know exactly what to do to make me feel fabulous when I feel like crap.

4.) Garage sales do not do as well on the East side of the SLC valley.

2 comments:

The ZamFam said...

Just because I didn't post the picture of steamrolling/leaf picking/grass running, you can't be mad at me!!!! As for the dums dums, I will never know. Ty snatches them from me before I get them in my mouth!!

Lisa M said...

When are you heading off to Cali?? We just got back today and I must say I love and miss Cali weather.