Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer 2008......So Far.

The summer is already here and it has been fabulous! Besides the fabulous things that I have been able to do while with friends in SLC this Summer, I have been able to travel a couple times already. For the past 3 weekends I have been either out of town or entertaining guests.

I was able to fly into Vegas, where my Dad lives and then drive down to So. Cali and visit my brother and his family. My brother and Michele had a daughter, Kennedy, back in September 2007 and she is the most beautiful girl in the world. I adore her and I am pretty sure I am her favorite Auntie! We also got the chance to go visit my Aunt and Uncle down in Newport Beach. I was also able to see my cousin, Tim, who I have not seen in a very long time.

The weekend following Fathers Day, my mom came up to visit me in SLC. A couple of the highlights of the trip included Ragtime at the Sandy Amphitheater, the Bountiful Temple and some shopping. We also went to a mexican restaurant that was the worst place I have ever been to. Who serves enchiladas with flour tortillas and ground beef? I thought ground beef was only served at whitxican restaurants like Taco Bell and Del Taco. It was nice for her to be able to come and visit. Luckily the weather was perfect.

The following weekend I was able to go on a turn around trip with a friend to New Mexico so that she could drop off her children at their Grandma's. That was an adventure. The trip was about 9 hours each way and we were able to leave last Saturday night and came back Sunday evening. It was a beautiful trip. I have never seen Eastern Utah. It is probably one of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen. Although the trip was quite entertaining, if you have ever been around Linette and I, you would know why. I do have to confess that I did kill a rabbit, butterfly and hundreds of other bugs, while driving. So hopefully they will Rest In Peace.

4 comments:

Janna said...

Jamie
I'm glad you have a blog now. It is so fun to see pictures of everyone.

Amber in REAL life said...

Hey, you promised FREQUENT blogs. It's about time for a new one!

The ZamFam said...

You killed a RABBIT???!!!????

Megan Isham said...

Jamie it sounds like you have had some fun times traveling and vacatiioning. When are you moving back to california? I love your blog address it is pretty funny.