Monday, August 18, 2008

It all started with a road trip to Provo.....

This past weekend was so stinking fabulous! I loved it. One of my dear friends is home from Law School, so I was able to hang out with her both Friday and Saturday. Friday, despite the fact that all state agencies have moved to a 4 day workweek, I was still at work doing overtime. Which will be super nice when I get my paycheck, although half of it will be going to taxes! I have realized that even though I have been suppose to have Fridays off the past 2 weeks, I have still managed to work on both of those days at one or both of my jobs. This week I am determined to not work on Friday! Yet I spoke too quickly because yet again I was just i formed that we are able to work more overtime on Friday.....I'm not a workaholic (well maybe I am), I just have a lot of moving expenses coming up and grad school, so give a girl a break.
Friday night, Nanda and I made the trek down to good old Provo. Michelle’s friend was having a bonfire in his backyard. So we crashed it! we got to burn some good ol statistics and Algebra books. It was good times being able to meet new people. Despite the fact that it is Provo, it was actually quite enjoyable. Being from California, I am use to being the minority with regards to my faith and not that Provo is like that in anyway, but everyone that was at the bonfire were from somewhere else besides Utah, which was a nice change. I love being around people who are different, which is maybe why I love California so much! To be in an area where the majority of people were not from Utah and did not all grow up together was a nice change. It also did not seem as cliquish as I know some people in SLC to be. They were actually friendly and got to know others outside of their 'group'. For once in a long time I felt really comfortable around single members of the LDS faith....thats a whole other blog.


Nanda, Michelle and I at the bonfire.

Brandon, Nanda, Jamie, Michelle, Sam and Ben

Saturday was a fabulous day as well. Nanda, Michelle and I went dancing at Habits! Rock On! No pictures to post at this time. Michelle was the one with the camera that night. There was somuch more going on this weekend, but the above is anoverview of the main events.

2 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Sounds like a great weekend and sounds like your summer has been fun-filled. Don't you know when you go to a dance club at 10 and its dead you just find the pregnant waitress and dance with her? ;o)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Hey, check out our blog to see how cute Viv looks in the outfit you sent her! Thanks for the gift! I LOVE IT! She looks so stinkin' cute!

Love you!